Maine Criminal Defense Lawyer,
The Goodman Law Firm
A qualified Maine criminal defense attorney can provide defense for a wide range of criminal cases including white collar crimes, drug crimes, sex crimes, motor vehicle crimes, violent crimes, and appeals. We are lawyers serving all of Maine who defend you in your criminal case. The following page provides more information on common criminal defense areas.
For more information, please contact the Goodman Law Firm. We are happy to answer your questions.
White Collar Crimes
White Collar Crime is a phrase used to encompass a variety of corporate and business related crimes which are nonviolent in nature. The Goodman Law Firm, P.A. handles criminal defense for all types of white collar crimes which can often be complex and high profile cases. Dealing with white collar crime requires an attorney with an in-depth understanding of corporate structures and how a business operates managerially and financially. Our Maine attorneys have the resources and knowledge needed to represent you in a matter related to white collar crime and to increase your chances in obtaining a favorable outcome.
The following is a list and description of typical white collar crimes:
- Securities Fraud: Relates to crimes which occur when an entity engages in misleading practices in the stock and commodity markets which subsequently causes an investor to contribute money based on the misrepresentations.
- Insider Trading: Occurs when a corporation’s stock or securities are traded by entities which have access to private information regarding the company.
- Bank Fraud: Stealing checks, check kiting, forgery, accounting fraud, uninsured deposits, demand draft fraud, fraudulent loans, wire fraud, mail fraud, credit card fraud, money laundering, etc.
- Insurance Fraud: Life insurance fraud, health care insurance fraud, automobile insurance fraud, property insurance fraud, etc.
- Mortgage Fraud: Occurs when a misrepresentation or omission is made on a mortgage loan application for obtaining a home loan or a larger amount for a home loan than would have been provided absent the misrepresentation or omission.
- Tax Fraud: Misrepresentation of financial status.
The Goodman Law Firm, P.A. provides criminal defense for anyone charged with a drug offense in state or federal court. Our lawyers are experienced in handling issues related to drug offenses and will work to achieve the best possible outcome for your situation.
The following is a list of typical drug cases in which we represent Maine clients for on a regular basis:
- Drug possession
- Drug trafficking
- Prescription drug abuse
- Distribution of a controlled substance
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug smuggling
The attorneys at the Goodman Law Firm, P.A. represent persons charged with sex offenses including, but not limited to, the following offenses:
- Statutory rape
- Sexual assault
- Gross sexual assault
- Child pornography offenses
Motor Vehicle Crimes
The lawyers at the Goodman Law Firm, P.A. provide criminal defense for persons charged with motor vehicle crimes and handles administrative issues regarding the possible loss or suspension of your license with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
The following is a list of typical Maine state motor vehicle offenses for which we represent clients for on a regular basis:
- Operating under the influence (OUI)
- Diving without a license
- Operating after a suspension
The Goodman Law Firm, P.A. lawyers represent Maine people charged with violent crimes including, but not limited to the following offenses:
- All types of assault
- All types of domestic violence
- Criminal threatening